Grand Rapids Sail and Power Squadron (GRSPS) is a chapter of the national United States Power Squadrons (USPS). Our purpose is to:
- Associate as a group of people who love, appreciate, and have fun with boating.
- Promote through education a high standard of skill in handling, seamanship, and navigation of all vessels, small and large – non mechanical-power, mechanical powered, and sail.
- Help a fellow boater in need on the water.
- Render and encourage the membership to participate in other civic services.
- HAVE FUN!
- Opportunity to participate and associate with the finest West Michigan Boating organization and a group of fun loving people
- Focused courses for: Seamanship, Piloting, Advancing Piloting, Jr. & Sr. Navigation, Cruise Planning, Engine Maintenance, Weather, and more
- Monthly GRSPS events such as a featured speaker to present topics of interest to all boaters, tour a boat manufacturer, tour NOAA Weather Stations, etc.
- Monthly USPS magazine, ENSIGN, which is packed with articles for the boater
- Monthly GRSPS newsletter, WATERSPOUT, which has all of the news about our chapter’s educational and other activities
- Boating insurance with broad coverage and attractive rates from the USPS
- More information about membership benefits (USPS)
|*$5.00 discount for membership sign-up at our Boat Safety Class
How to Join
- Email our Membership Chair to express your interest.
- Download a membership application here.
- To ensure the membership form is appropriately completed and the correct dues amount is calculated, it is best to check with Membership Chair before mailing your check and application.
- Mail to:
Grand Rapids Sail and Power Squadron
1620 Olson St. N.E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49503